“The city council unanimously voted to ban the use of the technology and prohibit any city official from obtaining facial surveillance by asking for it through third parties. The measure will now go to Mayor Marty Walsh with a veto-proof majority. Walsh’s office said he would review the ban.”
Boston Bans Use of Facial Recognition Technology. It’s The 2nd-Largest City to Do So.
More from Under the RadarMore posts in Under the Radar »
- Why the U.S. Still Has a Severe Shortage of Medical Supplies
- Families of captured Hong Kong activists demand their return
- Behold the First Underwater Portrait in the History of Photography
- China’s ‘purification’ of classrooms: A new law erases history, silences teachers and rewrites booksChina’s ‘purification’ of classrooms: A new law erases history, silences teachers and rewrites books
- The 20-Year Hunt for the Man Behind the Love Bug Virus