Saint Catherine’s Monastery, a sacred Christian site nestled in the shadow of Mount Sinai, is home to one of the world’s oldest continuously used libraries. Thousands of manuscripts and books are kept there—some of which contain hidden treasures.
Lost Languages Discovered in One of the World’s Oldest Continuously Run Libraries
More from Under the RadarMore posts in Under the Radar »
- Why the U.S. Still Has a Severe Shortage of Medical Supplies
- Families of captured Hong Kong activists demand their return
- Behold the First Underwater Portrait in the History of Photography
- China’s ‘purification’ of classrooms: A new law erases history, silences teachers and rewrites booksChina’s ‘purification’ of classrooms: A new law erases history, silences teachers and rewrites books
- The 20-Year Hunt for the Man Behind the Love Bug Virus