Last updated on December 1, 2020
Last week we reported on President-Elect Biden’s priorities for America. As we warned then, his plans are filled with job-killing proposals that can lead to an American economic disaster and the loss of freedom. This week, our focus is on long-term readiness to fight this war against the leftist Democratic agenda.
What can you do against the upcoming Biden Administration’s proposed policies?
First of all, know what they are! As we mentioned in last week’s editorial, here is just some of what Biden and the Democrats are planning for his first year:
- Impose a national mask mandate — both indoors and outdoors, by convincing all 50 State Governors to go along.
- Maintain a “national surveillance system” for COVID testing and contact-tracing
- Lockdown the economy if the pandemic experts tell them it’s necessary
- Aggressively enforce environmental regulations
- Declare War on Climate Change
- Initiate and enforce Green Energy proposals
- Reinstate and strengthen Dodd-Frank
- Reenter the Paris Climate Accord
- Scrap Trump Administration tax cuts and raise the tax rates on “the wealthy”
- Impose and enforce stringent union labor rules
- Force gig workers to be considered employees
What we will now propose calls for the willingness to really see and confront what the upcoming Biden Administration and Democratic Party plans to do to America—and to you!
To counteract the newly energized political left will require long-term thinking and long- and short-term action. It won’t be easy. But if you are like me, you’ll be willing to work at it. Here’s how…
Pay close attention to (gulp…) the New York Times and The Washington Post. They are the de facto mouthpieces of the Democratic Party and all the policies being proposed. You’ll discover that the broadcast media takes its cue especially from these two newspapers.
Consider, for instance, the Sunday New York Times of November 21, 2o2o. It might as well be titled, “The Democrat Agenda Playbook.” Here are a few items from this issue:
- Consider a story from page 1, “One Pandemic, Opposite Realities…,” comparing New Mexico, with is strong restrictions, to South Dakota, which has no restrictions. The obvious message: restrictions are good; freedom is bad.
- In a related story on page 6, it claims that “cases are rampant where limits were lax.” It goes on to claim that New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, California, and other left-leaning, lockdown states are exemplary models for the rest of the country. The message is clear: we need strong (sometimes harsh) restrictions.
- A full-page ad on page 7 titled “LET’S KEEP IT UP – LET’S ALL #MASKUP,” sponsored by a host of hospital systems across the country. It is the kind of alleged universal support that will give Biden the excuse to impose a national mask mandate — indoors and outdoors, convincing all 50 State Governors to go along.
- “Turkey Talk” (an article honoring Thanksgiving) on pB4: Comes to the conclusion, “We’d all be in a better place [if we ate less meat]. This world eats way too much meat.”
- “Partners in Misinformation” (pB1 – the Business section): “The American far right and critics of China are pushing unsubstantiated pandemic claims.” According to this piece, “Steve Bannon and a fugitive Chinese billionaire see an opportunity to push their agenda.” The article also claims that TV host, Tucker Carlson, has helped spread this misinformation by interviewing a Chinese virologist critical of China.
- An interview with questions and answers with Dr. Fauci (p4 – Sunday Review). The good doctor says that we may be allowed to stop wearing masks sometime in the last quarter of 2021 (a year away) if we have all taken the vaccine.
- “INDIVIDUAL-1” is the lead piece in the NY Times Magazine. It claims that “Donald Trump’s potential criminal liability is the key to understanding his presidency — and, when he leaves office, will present the country with a historic dilemma.” It goes on to allege “financial crimes, election-law violations, Obstruction of Justice, public corruption, and partisan coercion.” It reads like a rehash of the Democrats’ Impeachment fiasco.
It’s no wonder that Ayn Rand, author of Atlas Shrugged, read The New York Times, during her writing career. So many of her great articles and essays were in response to something she had discovered on its pages. Of course, today, the leftist leaning of this “newspaper of record” is even more outrageous.
The purpose of this distasteful task is protection — defending what freedom you have left — as you would want to know the plans and methods of a criminal organization that was going to raid your home, take your money and potentially hurt your loved ones. Treat reading these newspapers as needed protection and preparation.
For counter-perspective and analysis, read the Wall Street Journal (especially their editorial page) and, of course, our own Matrix Gazette. Also, follow the best online resources for news, analysis, and strategy. Feel free to add your own sources (and let us know what they are).
Read Ayn Rand, especially Atlas Shrugged, and her non-fiction political writings. She will give you a comprehensive demonstration of how our enemies think and act—and how you can counteract their deadly philosophy.
Read and study Orwell’s Nineteen Eighty-four. Pay particular attention to how language gets destroyed as well as one’s belief in objective reality. Orwell saw first-hand the nature of power-lust, its true motives, and tactics.
If you really want to fight against the left, seek to understand leftist political philosophy, strategy, and tactics as primers on how the left thinks, plans, and acts. One good resource is one of their playbooks: “Rules for Radicals,” by Saul D. Alinsky.
“Alinsky’s techniques and teachings influenced generations of community and labor organizers, including the church-based group hiring a young [Barack] Obama to work on Chicago’s South Side in the 1980s…. Alinsky impressed a young [Hillary] Clinton, who was growing up in Park Ridge at the time Alinsky was the director of the Industrial Areas Foundation in Chicago.” — Chicago Sun-Times
Fortify yourself by reading history. Learn how nations fall under the promise of a socialist paradise. Learn also about the lure of fake money.
Understand capitalism and why it is the best social system ever devised.
All the above is designed to get you intellectually prepared to counter and stop the potentially devastating proposals of the upcoming Biden & Harris Administration and what may follow. The time to get ready is now.
In future columns, we will focus on specific steps you can take to help preserve, protect, and defend your freedom to live your life as you see fit. That’s the reason and essence of the Matrix Gazette.